- Quitclaim Deeds: When an owner wants to transfer property to another person, such as a family member, for free, a quitclaim deed is customary. Like all deeds, essential elements must appear on the deed to make it legally effective. An attorney can verify that everything is in order.
- General Warranty Deeds: A warranty deed, unlike a quitclaim, verifies that the deed is clear of any mortgage, tax lien, or other ‘cloud’ on the property. If that proves untrue, an attorney will be required to make sure the seller takes financial responsibility for the omission.
- Closings: A closing finalizes a sale. An attorney acting as the closing agent can examine the title, ensure the title insurance is in place, coordinate talks between the buyer and seller and their banks, review documents, and record and disburse monies.
- Short Sale Assistance: A short sale is potentially fraught with legal complications because the debts outstrip the assets and must be balanced by time of closing.
- Foreclosure Proceeding Guidance: When an owner fails to make their mortgage payments and a foreclosure results, title companies benefit from having legal representation in foreclosure proceedings as the home is deeded to the mortgaging bank.
- Land Trust Formation: A land trust can protect land from excessive taxation and ensure the smooth delivery of the deed to heirs. Forming a trust, however, requires a skilled attorney to liaison between the owner, trustees, and beneficiaries and prepare the legal documents to form the trust.
- Quiet Title Actions: When a claim to property is contested, a quiet title action may result. When such matters go to court, legal representation is a must.
- TRID Issues Assistance: TILA / RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule (TRID) is complicated, as the acronym made of acronyms suggests. To comply with this web of legal requirements, an attorney is a huge boon.
Hale & Messina represents clients throughout the Tampa Bay area, including Tampa, Brandon, Lutz, Land ‘O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Trinity, Zephyrhills, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater.